Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Steve316 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard drive DST check failed!!!

F6C58PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've a HP notebook which 2 years old. So, it's out of warranty. Recently, my laptop's screen went blank and when I performed the system test, it showed 'Hard drive DST check failed'. Upon browsing online, I got to know that I need to replace the hard drive. I would like to know which model I should go for and what other things I need to take care of before buying one.

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
21712 2889 7127
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Steve316

Since you have an Intel processor you can install an SSD drive.

256 GB SSD (for computer models equipped with an Intel processor) 749761-001

512 GB SSD (for computer models equipped with an Intel processor) 749762-001

OR

1 TB, 5400 rpm, +8 GB NAND hybrid, 9.5 mm 731999-001

750 GB, 5400 rpm, +8 GB NAND hybrid, 9.5 mm 732001-001

500 GB, 5400 rpm, + 8 GB NAND hybrid, 7 mm 732000-001

Your manual here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04091768

REO

****Click the Blue thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
0 Kudos
Steve316 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the informative response. Can you suggest me any SSDs which I can buy (or can you provide me the links)? And if I choose to stick to HDD, what should be the cache memory that I should be looking for? Because there are hard drives with 16MB cache and 8MB cache with other features being the same.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation