Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

Hard drive short DST check : failed

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP 15.6" 15-F387WM laptop pc
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Failure ID: GLW360-81A83K-MFPWLK-60V703
Product ID: N5Y09UA#ABA

Hard Drive 1 - primary HDD bay

My computer originally kept freezing on me and then I tried resetting it without deleting my personal files and it wouldn't complete resetting my computer. Then I tried just factory resetting it and it still wouldn't reset. Now if I turn my computer on the screen just blinks on and off every 5 seconds.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (329 Views)

Re: Hard drive short DST check : failed

Hi,

Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char failure id indicates the HDD is failing and need to be replaced. Is it still under warranry ? If Yes, please call HP for a replacement.

In the US:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

or HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (263 Views)

Re: Hard drive short DST check : failed

yes its still under warranty and i've already called and i'm sending it in on friday when i get the box to ship it to get the warranty work done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation