cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jee333 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardisk damaged problem and finding alternative replacement of damaged disk

Compaq presario cq42-356TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi there
my laptop's hard-disk has been damaged or not I don't know in bios system hard is absent showing .
My hard-disk capacity is 320gb and is it possible to replace with 500gb harddisk .
Elaborate your answer!!!!!!!!.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardisk damaged problem and finding alternative replacement of damaged disk

Hi @jee333,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you think your hard drive may be damaged as it is not seen in the BIOS and are wondering if you can install a 500GB drive. Before replacing the drive have you tried changing the cable or reseating the drive to see if that will regain recognition in BIOS? Here is a link to the Compaq Presario CQ42 Notebook PC and HP G42 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please review chapter 3, page 30, item 21, hard drives, for the recommended replacements. 

If a post helps you, inspires you, provides fresh insight, or teaches you something new, please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Should this resolve your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" to help other visitors and member alike to find what worked for you.

Sparkles1

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation