Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PROgressDC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardware changes might not have been detected

hp laptop envy m6 touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi. I am using hp laptop envy m6 touchsmart and suddenly my keyboard stopped working properly. Some of the keys are not working and whenever I press the letter q, a, and number 1 the key next to it presses automatically. I've tried troubleshoot and it says " Hardware changes might not have been detected". Please tell me how to fix this problem. I thank you in advance

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 37
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @PROgressDC,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!

I read your post about certain keys not responding on your ENVY TouchSmart m6 and wanted to assist.

You mentioned that this issue began suddenly, did you notice this was after a Windows update or any other software was installed? Has anything physically changed or happened to the system in the past?

You can begin troubleshooting with this document and also test for hardware failures. If you haven't already done so, you may want to ensure your system is using the latest HP drivers and Windows Updates.

If you are still experiencing issues with the keyboard, try running the automated troubleshooter.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
PROgressDC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good day sir! I am using Envy Msix touchsmart. As you can see I can't type the number six or any number because my  keyboard is not working properly. Function keys are not working also. Can you tell me how to fix this problem? I will thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
PROgressDC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you sir. Much appreciated :)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation