Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
When I turn on my computer, I get a blue screen that tells me it did not restart properly. Then it gives me options to try to fix it by: hard restart, restore factory settings, exit and return to windows. I tried every single option it gave me, and every time it told me there was a problem and that the task could not be completed. It wouldn't even diagnose a problem until I used the F2 key while turning it back on. I ran the quick test and it failed. It gave me a failure ID of 0U6KNC-81F8JA-XD7WMF-60VP03 and a hard drive failure code of 303. I need my computer for work. Please help!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It is not going to be much use for work until the hard drive is replaced. Are you under warranty? Do you have a backup or HP restore disks? Lastly, and most importantly, what is the Model Number or Product Number? Hit fn + esc as you boot up. Don't post serial number. 

HP Recommended

Hi Egarcia,

These errors are indicating that your hard disk is failing. You will probably have to replace it and install windows 10 again.

You can download windows 10 from Microsoft and try to do a fresh install on the actual hard drive, but it probably will not work if the drive has failed. 

If you need any help with fresh install let me know and I can help you. You can also connect the failing drive to a desktop pc or to a laptop with an external hub to try to get any personal files from it.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended
Huffer-
The product ID is G6Q88UA#ABA.... this is not the serial number though.... I am no longer under warranty as of last month....go figure! I don't have any back up disks, as there is not even a spot to put a CD into on this lap top.

David-
How can my hard drive be failing when I've only had this lap top for a year?! Is it fixable, or do I need to buy a whole new computer?
HP Recommended

It is a Split x2 13-r010dx. 

See p. 49 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

The hard drive is in the tablet piece of the laptop. It uses a special hybrid drive:

500-GB, 5400-rpm, hybrid hard drive with 8 GB SSD 775520-005

http://www.notebookparts.com/hp-13-r010dx-split-x2-500gb-hybrid-8gb-nand-hard-drive-ssd-763198-001-7...

It's a bit more expensive than regular hard drives but not really harder to install. If you ever had Windows 10 on the computer and activated you can get the recovery media (usb drive) image direct from Microsoft. 

Post back with any more questions. We can get you through this if you are willing to do a bit of screwdriver work. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.