cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Simone_Fabbri
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Has my computer got a problem?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning,

Two days ago I bought my new Notebook, it is Hp Pavilion 17-ab 204nl. As soon as I started using it and installing my programs I found many problems, So I thought it could be a problem of the computer itself. I will tell you all the problems I found.

#1 For several times a system error has occurred, with a windows message with the error code, forcing the computer to restart.

#2 I have tried to install a modeling program on it (3d Studio, I think you know it), but during the installation, the process stopped with failure in installing the software.

#3 (This is a bit weird) I have always used  an .rbs file to export a kind of files to Direct.X format. This .rbs file allowed me to save the file wherever I wanted in Direct.X Format. When I downloaded it on my computer, it worked normally, but it decided by itself where to save the new file. I mean, I could browse the folder I was going to save it, but at the end of the process the file had always been put in the same folder (documents), that was not the one I chose. 

#4 I downloaded a simulator I was used to have on my older Notebook, but when I opened it, there were problems with graphics, so that the only thing I saw was a white screen (then I tried the previous version of this simulator and this time it worked, luckily).However some other users having windows 10 told me not to have found such a problem.

I know they are very strange problems, I really don't know what they could depend on, perhaps there are several causes. I just wanted to be sure that it was not my computer fault (Software and Hardware) and I wanted to know your opinion about this.  So please, let me know.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,464
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some of the problems may be caused by a faulty OS install. I would try a fresh install and see if the problems resolve themselves.

Windows 10 Recovery:

Creating Recovery Media>>Windows 10

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation