Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15 ac121na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start my laptop it comes up with the following message : Product information not valid. The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid. System board (00A) - System board CT number.

Enter continue start up. For more information please visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

However I do not press enter to continue as the laptop does not start up as having logged off last time the battery now does not charge and all I get is a red light. Yet doing without pressing continue I get the white light and can use the laptop.

Do you think I need a new battery also bearing in mind I have only had the laptop 14 months.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi,

For first issue, you need to contact HP directly to tattoo BIOS chip on board with hardware hashes and model details. HP only has its own proprietary tools to do this.

Have you changed BIOS/board recently? Because only this would result in the above error.

For second issue, I think your battery has given up is life. You can do battery test from HP support assistant software.

Are you able to power on laptop with AC power alone?

Regards

Visruth
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.