Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I replaced the HDD after failure. Have no Recovery disk. I loaded Linux Ubuntu at first which loaded perfectly with no problems. Now I want to put the Windows 7 back on the HDD and make it dual boot. I partitioned and formatted the drive ready for Windows. Windows starts loading and then it cannot continue because it does not see the Optical drive or the USB. Needs drivers. What drivers which I get from where?  Can I get a restore disk with the recovery info on it? The notebook came with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit preloaded.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I found a Recovery Disk set at Computer Surgeons, but it is for Windows 7 Home Premium not Pro.  If you have the product key for the Pro version you could use the Recovery disk set to install the Windows and drivers, then upgrade with a Windows 7 Pro version install disk for HERE. or use the Windows 7 Pro install disk of your own.

BTW: it might be problematic to do the Windows install with the Linux in place.  Not in my wheelhouse but I would think Windows boot would find that difficult to accomplish.  Most times windows is in place and then add a Linux

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The Linux is no longer on the HDD. Has been partitioned and formatted as NTFS ready for Windows load. Windows starts loading from DVD and then when coloured Windows 7 screen comes up it says "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing..." Browse for drivers etc.  Trying to get support from HP South Africa is turning out to be a TRYING experience.

HP Recommended

In some places the cure seems to be"

Check your BIOS settings for the following parameters:
* SATA configuration -> Enhanced
* Configure SATA -> AHCI

See if that helps.  Otherwise the SATA controller is Intel.  You might need to go with a generic driver for Intel on a separate CD or floppy  from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23496

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.