cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Having Trouble Getting "down arrow" Set Back Onto Keyboard

HP Recommended

Hello there,

I have spilled some soup on my laptop, nothing terrible just a little bit leaked near the arrow key. I was able to prevent any leakage below the keyboard itself. 

However, when i took off the down arrow key - to clean the underneath of the key, and the base of the key connection - I cannot figure out how to secure the key back into place. There is the 2 component plastic connector for the bottom of the key, and once I have them assembled (in what seems to be the only possible configuration), pressing into the keyboard is not securing it into place. The key is remaining wobbly, and unusable. 

Are there are advise on this topic, or reference I could see?

[HP Pavilion DV6, Down Arrow Key]

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is your product number, so I'll know the exact notebook you have?

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,232 43,021 6,892 12,070
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is very delicate work and if you have done any damage to the little mounting points and tabs on the key itself or the "sawhorse" mechanism or the board the key will not snap into place. There are vendors that will sell you a single key, but if you have damaged the mounting points on the board that will not help. New keyboards are cheaper than you think and I can replace 5 keyboards in the time it takes to mess around with a single troublesome key.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation