Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Ultraslim Docking Station
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm using the HP ultraslim docking station for my HP EliteBook.  I don't see a headphone jack that allows me to listen to audio through my notebook when it's docked.  I see the Audio In and Out at the back of the docking station but these don't allow me to listen.  The headphone jack on the notebook is on the side where it docks so I can't access it.

Would appreciate understanding how I can listen to audio when my notebook is docked.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The "Audio Out Jack" on the back of the docking station is what you will use when plugging in external speakers or headphones.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

thanks Joel.  Unfortunately the audio out doesn't seem to be working.  It doesn't play through my headphones when connected.  Sounds comes directly out of the notebook

HP Recommended

Check and make sure you have the latest Audio Driver for you notebook.

A useful utility for updating the drivers on your notebook is SoftPaq Download Manager.  If you don't have this utility you can download load it here.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/HP_SDM_Setup.exe

Additioanally, download and install the latest FW for your dock.

Read this file to see how to install the FW update.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.html

Here is a link to the FW update.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.exe

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

I am running Elitebook 8460p with a 2012 docking station . My operating system is Windows 10 and cannot get the headphone jack to work. According to HP my drivers are up to date. At a loss. Called custmer service only to be transefer for 2 hours with no results. This is the last HP product I buy. 

HP Recommended

your system is too old and doesnt support win 10

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.