cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bubu75 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack

hp 15-g260red
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'd like to know if I can use the standard combo earphone+microphone with 3.5mm 4-section jack used for Samsung Galaxy smartphone with the target  laptop (hp 15-g260).
I use this earphone/microphone in another laptop (of another brand), but in that case the laptop ask for what kind of jack you want to use them: either as earphone or as  microphone,  but not both at the same time.

Similarly is it possible, for example, to use a splitter like the following to be able to use headphone and microphone simultaneously?

micheadsplitter.jpg

Thanks, and sorry for any English mistakes.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack

HI @bubu75,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a dynamite local  to find answers and information.

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I think you may have accidentally provided the incorrect model number. When I searched for your model with the information provided these are the results. 

HP Notebook - 15-g260nr TouchSmart (ENERGY STAR)

HP Notebook - 15-g260na (ENERGY STAR)

HP Notebook - 15-g260no (ENERGY STAR)

HP Notebook - 15-g260sa (ENERGY STAR)

The only way to know for sure if they will work is to try.  You would connect to the combo jack and hopefully Windows recognizes it and installs it fine.  If not you could look for drivers from the manufacturer of the earphone/microphone set.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 😎 should you have a difficulty.  Although is lists Windows 8 it also applicable in Window 10.

Please keep me apprised of your situation.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Best of Luck!
Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation