Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoseSolis Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, my icons on my laptop are flickering and when I go online my browser keeps reseting it self

My laptop is now not working. My are flickering and does not let me open any application with it not going bezerk. I downloaded superantispyware and not when I restart the laptop it beeps like for a minute. Then it takes me to startup black page. but it finally gets into the user page and the icons continue to flicker. Can you please help me.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
922 881 66 416
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, my icons on my laptop are flickering and when I go online my browser keeps reseting it self

Hello,

sounds like you may have some kind of virus/ Malware.

You can try to do a restore - you will need to hit F11 when you startup your Notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00807369

The other thing is to do a System Recovery with a Backup option.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01895783

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
JoseSolis Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will try to do when I get home. had to come to the library to work on something. Will I loose all of my info if I do system recovery. You dont think that its a hardware?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation