cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
falloutpurple1
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Solved!

Help! Laptop won't start. Boot device not found!

HP Recommended
Pavilion g7 1083rn
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My laptop has been working fine but super slow lately. Just today I turned it on and automatically noticed that it sounded different and weird like this clicking sound that I've never heard before. When I tried to turn it on it says boot device not found. Then I restarted it and it turned on normal but then said there was an error and went back to the black boot device not found screen again. What can I do? I don't have a cd to repair it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
falloutpurple1
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, yeah it's my hard drive 😕

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
14 REPLIES 14
Level 5
168 54 15 12
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The clicking sound to me sounds like the hard-drive has failed if possible please follow these steps to check;

Turn on your computer pressing the F2 key every second until you get a screen pop up with some options. Once this screen has loaded select hard drive test, quick.

If the hard drive has failed it will need to be replaced if your in warranty you can contact HP for this using the failure ID which will be shown on screen. If you out of warranty you will need to take this to a local IT technician.

Thanks,

James

falloutpurple1
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, yeah it's my hard drive 😕

View solution in original post

Level 5
168 54 15 12
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your most welcome,

If you have an issues in the future please don't hesitate to start a new thread

James

NA7
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dear james 

can you send me the hp pavilion 15 all drivers download link

sorry for my english 

kind regards

Ahmadi

Geek26
Level 4
149 60 6 5
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi it's me under a new username

Could you give me the full model number of the Hp pavilion 15 please as there are hundreds of different model and the country your located in

Many thanks,
James
Carson314
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@123456789101123 wrote:

Hi,

The clicking sound to me sounds like the hard-drive has failed if possible please follow these steps to check;

Turn on your computer pressing the F2 key every second until you get a screen pop up with some options. Once this screen has loaded select hard drive test, quick.

If the hard drive has failed it will need to be replaced if your in warranty you can contact HP for this using the failure ID which will be shown on screen. If you out of warranty you will need to take this to a local IT technician.

Thanks,

James

I have the same problem, except I don't have the clikcing sound, and when I ran the hard drive test, it said that it had passed. What do I do?

Geek26
Level 4
149 60 6 5
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

As your symptoms are different it would need to be reviewed by someone else. Could you please create your own thread on the forum please as this thread is getting crowded with lots of different issues. 

Many thanks,

James

jeff620
2 1 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mines says smart check: not installed what next?

Geek26
Level 4
149 60 6 5
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Smart not installed means the computer cannot see the hard drive meaning it's failed and needs replacement if it's in warranty contact HP otherwise take it to a local repair shop 

Kind regards,

James 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation