11-23-2008 11:01 AM
11-23-2008 04:57 PM
If you EVER spill water on a notebook computer, Hope it was OFF when you did, cause if it was on at the time it probably just became a paper weight. If it gets wet, you want to set it in an area with lots of air flow for like a month. Do not plug it in, take the battery out, no not attempt to power it on. You have to allow time for ALL moisture to evaporate out of it, then turn it back on.
In your case there is little hope i'm afraid, if water spills onto the motherboard then it is fried. The only solution is to replace the motherboard along with any other component that may have gotten fried, and you might as well purchase a new notebook. IF you are in Warranty and have accidental damage protection, then it should entitile you to a fix on it.
11-23-2008 10:56 PM
12-04-2008 11:49 AM
I have a HP Notebook. It was not turning onI sent it to HP repair center. They say that liquid has spilled on it but I know nothing spilled on it. I have kept it very neat and clean. . They do not listen saying that they can not do anythiong. I do not want to pay for what i have not done. Please help if somebody had similar problem
01-05-2009 06:03 PM
01-05-2009 06:40 PM
djchayan, your description of what is happening is not quite clear. After you tried the battery and then took the battery back out, does it still not turn on running off of AC outlet power alone?
The notebook might still have some water in it, the water might have damaged something inside, or inside the battery, or the battery might still have water in it. Since the battery cannot be opened, if the laptop runs without the battery installed then yes it seems you only need a new battery.
01-05-2009 07:02 PM