cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
148 148 6 38
Message 11 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes the CMOS battery looks like a watch battery, often covered in insulating plastic of some type like typical shrink-wrap tubing, with a couple wires coming out that lead to a socket they plug into.  It is also possible the battery is bare and sits directly in a socket on the mainboard, but either way it should be easy to identify when you see it.

Waiting longer is probably a good idea, as is setting the laptop sideways (with the screen open) and pointing a fan at it with all the rear panels and drives removed, so if there is any remaining liquid it has more of a chance to dry out.  If the liquid weren't water, even the dried residue could be conductive in which case if the laptop still malfunctioned, the whole thing would need disassembled and the appropriate solvent used to rinse away the residue thoroughly before drying again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 12 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
ok thanks I'll do that might post again the results in a few days or a week tahnks again :generic:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi - I sent my laptop for repair (it is about 3-4 months old).  It was perfectly fine and then the next time I tried to use it, it was dead.  The service folks say that something was spilled on it and that the warranty will not be honored.  We take great care of the computer and nothing had been spilled. Any ideas? Anybody else?  Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 14 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboards randomly frying????  Hmmm sounds familiar.

Have a look at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Hardware&thread.id=3982

There is a (n apparently) known issue regarding some models of HP laptop whereby the motherboard fails due to fhe GPU overheating.  The link barely scratches the surface of people with this problem.  Do some of investigation of your own (HP Support seem generally ignorant of the matter).  Check to see if your model and P/N is listed.  When checking the P/N make sure you are in the right region of the HP website, different regions have different covered P/Ns.  If you find your laptop is covered ask HP support specifically about the "One Time Extended Warranty" to hopefully get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, i spilt a bit of water on the keyboard.  i have a hp dm1 notebook. 

i had the notebook off when the accident happened so i left it to dry.  after 1 month i reently tried turning it on.  there was no power at all.  the charging light turns from white to orange with the battery in, and it stays white when the battery is taken out.

when the ac cord is in and the battery is out, on attempting to turn it on, 2 lights on f11 and f12 flash ornage.

anyone know what this means??

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
water spilled on my laptop. it is totally shut down. unable to power on. It is within the warranty period. can it be repaired free of cost from hp service centre?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
2,800 2,766 181 739
Message 17 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello uponflayana,

Your warranty will not cover water damage.

It is considered accidental damage and would be part of an extended warranty.

Here is a link to a phone number to call HP and see what repair options they may have for you.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suspect whether there is a self protection designed by the HP company. Once water enters, the computer turns off the computer and lock it. The problem is how to unlock it. Is it true?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
hey!!!guys needed help here I spilled little amount of water on my HP laptop,qwerty tab caps lock ESC these were the place where water has entered
but my laptop was working fine I cleaned it with cotton and tower and still it was working so I didn't react and started playing game but 5-7 mins it turn off itself i tried to turn it on but still it wouldn't turn on ...guys help me what should I do
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation