cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SigInt Tutor
Tutor
6 3 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help finding drivers after windows 7 clean install

Pavilion dv6 - 1235dx
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I have an older model Pavilion laptop that was working just fine until I had problems with windows 10 anniversary update and had to do a clean install back to windows 7 after replacing the hard drive.  I need all the drivers, but can't locate on HP website as it does not recognize my laptop model number.  Can someone give me a hand.  Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost
Provost
25082 24756 3545 7909
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SigInt

Are you sure it isn't a DV5???

Look here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv5-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/374...

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
SigInt Tutor
Tutor
6 3 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

REO thank you so much for providing that link.  I see all the drivers are for Vista OS.  Will I be able to load those on the PC after installing windows 7 or do I need to install Vista?

Provost
Provost
25082 24756 3545 7909
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SigInt

Change the OS to W7 then click on the CHANGE tab.

It will change it to W7.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
SigInt Tutor
Tutor
6 3 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

REO I can't thank you enough...best to you!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation