Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Syed92 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hinge issue with HP Spectre x360

HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought my HP Spectre x360 Convertible for a week and I have an issue with the screen hinge.

When I open or close the screen, one of the hinge makes a low noise like it is cracking. After I checked on it, I realised that the hinge are slightly uneven, which makes it touch the metal body. Not sure if this will makes an issue later on, but it already makes a scratch on the metal body when I open or close the lid. The sounds it makes is unpleasant to hear as well.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Regards,

Syed

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired danny-r
Retired
8251 7100 141 469
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Syed92

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Jaanc10 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like this is a common issue because I have the exact same problem on my spectre x360 13-4116dx. Should I take it to Best Buy, where I got it from, so they can hopefully position the hinge correctly or something?
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
44 41 1 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I had a similar problem to the right hinge, it was defective since when I bought it on Amazon.
Look at my thread, I hope it can help you.
If is it defective you have to send it to HP to repair.
And you have to hope they will assembly the display correctly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-2-months-of-life-i...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation