cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Llorenspat Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hinges

Hp envy touchsmart 15
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Looking for answers, I noticed that many are experiencing the same issues with the hinges. mine have never fallen as well. When I called to support they told me that it was going to cost me almost 300 as an estimate. I don't think that's fair considering that is a poor design issue.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Llorenspat Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hinges

Just to add more information about the problem:

Haven't used the laptop in almost a year since the hinges on my HP Envy Touchsmart 15 began to separate the bottom plastic cover of the PC while opening for use. Like I mentioned previously, the laptop has never been dropped.  This issue started up slowly, but since an external monitor was connected to the laptop for some time, I'm not sure exactly when this problem started.

As seen, it seems the hinge has "fallen" out of place and attempting to open the laptop separates the bottom black part from the silver colored plastic side cover (vent?).

In addition, the hinge itself no longer supports the weight of the laptop screen, and appears loose inside (hinge wiggles back and forth) and does not have a strong fixed hold.

See pictures for more information (the small black piece of plastic seen in one of the pics fell out of the laptop while attempting to open a bit for taking better pictures).IMG_20160626_142040.jpg

IMG_20160626_142109_2.jpg

IMG_20160626_142119.jpg

0 Kudos
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 419
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hinges

@Llorenspat

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation