cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How Do I Get the Laptop to Wake From Sleep with External Wireless Keyboard?

HP Notebook - 15-ac135na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a HP Notebook Laptop connected to an external display with a unifying wireless device - the Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard. I put the laptop to sleep to save battery power. Now here's the problem; I'll have to physically open the screen door just to get it to wake and its something I do not want to do every time. HP parts are expensive. -_- Its a new laptop but still...they do NOT last. I have the same issue when the batteries goes dead and it goes into hibernation mode. I'd have to open the screen door to press the power switch. Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TriceOberman1,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I grasp that you have a new HP laptop and are having an issue with sleep and hibernation.   To ensure that your wireless keyboard is set to be allowed to wake the computer,

• Go to Device Manager.
  • Locate your wireless keyboard 
  • Right- click on it and choose properties
  • Click the power management tab
  • If "Allow this device to wake the computer is not checked, please check it
  • Press OK  and close out of the screens.

Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the  HP Support Assistant ?  Here is a link to HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎 that may also help.  If the issue still remains and you have ruled out the possibility  of viruses and malware, please contact HP Support for further assistance.  With your permission, they can remotely access your system to help find and fix issues. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support .

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as  "Accept as Solution”  to help other community  members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for replying.

I already tried your suggestion locating the Logitech Keyboard via Device Manager and the box is greayed out. See image below.

http://i.imgur.com/Z3w0w03.png?1

So I went into properties of HID Keyboard which is also the Logitech Keyboard and the box for that was already ticked.

http://i.imgur.com/FwiFi7K.png?1

Going into BIOS dosn't work either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TriceOberman1,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify the issue, it will not wake the computer from either sleep  mode or hibernation?  Sleep mode  saves your work and settings in memory  and uses a small amount of power, while hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk and then turns the computer off, which uses the least amount of power.  If you put your notebook into sleep mode will it allow the keyboard to wake up the computer?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Just to clarify the issue, it will not wake the computer from either sleep mode or hibernation?"

Both which is what I want the Logitech Keyboard to do - which is to wake from sleep mode and hibernation mode!!

"If you put your notebook into sleep mode will it allow the keyboard to wake up the computer?"

Not the Logitech Keyboard...No! 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TriceOberman1,

Thank you for the clarification.

Have you tried updating the driver for the Logitech? If you remove the wireless keyboard, does the onboard keyboard wake the computer from sleep and hibernation? If it does, I suggest contacting Logitech for assistance: 

Logitech / Customer service

1-800-454-3200 

Contact Logitech Support Home page

If the onboard keyboard does not wake the computer and you have tried all the steps listed in the previous troubleshooting document, you could try refreshing your PC.  Refresh Windows 10 (from tenforums.com).  You may also contact HP Support for assistance with the onboard keyboard not waking the notebook from sleep:

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation