cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Heckler
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

How To Hide The HP TOOLS DRIVE

HP Recommended

This HP TOOLS drive was hidden from a long time. It didn't appeared on MY COMPUTER from the day I bought my computer. My laptop is just 20 days old. Now after using it for this long the laptop the HP TOOLS DRIVE pops out from nowhere. It keeps me irritated as I have no use of this drive and I want this drive to be hidden.

Can someone please help me in hiding it?? An easy way of hiding would be nice. :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,587 89,465 11,475 24,623
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPwJoH_uvmM

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,839
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

See the solution by Bryan_N on the following link to re-hide this partition.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Recovery/The-Appearing-of-HP-Tools-Partition/m-p/1191625/highl...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Heckler
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very Much. I have now hide both my recovery partition and HP tools partiton. They would now be safe from external harm. The video help was awesome. It's better to run the DOS method than to use DISK management system.

You are awesome!!  :manlol:

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation