Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
There is one that comes up with Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter, but there are still 4 hardware id's under that when I go to details.. they are as follows:

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280

Really sorry about this!! I am not the most technical person!! 😞
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is the one.

But since it is identified, that means the drivers are installed.  You probably have some other issue that is not driver related.

But here is the link to the latest driver for that model wireless card.  You can try that and see if it gets the wireless to work for you.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

HP Recommended

Hi! I just had a clean re-installation of windows 7 home premium 64bit on my pavilion dm4-2015dx. Product number: LW478UA#ABA          I wanna ask which hardware drivers do i need to install?

HP Recommended

Hi

Download software and drivers

Use the following steps to download drivers, software, and updates from HP or from Microsoft using Windows Update.
Click the heading or accompanying plus (+) sign to expand the information.

hide
Download software and drivers from HP
HP provides many free software and driver downloads. Use the steps below to download updates and drivers from HP:
  1. Type your product number in the text field, then click Next . If you don't know your product number, you can use the Guide to finding your product number links following the text field.
    Figure 1: Type your product number
    Enter your product number
  2. If you have a notebook computer and would like to install all out-of-date and missing drivers and software, click Check Now under Let HP recommend and then follow the on-screen instructions to install all updates.
    Figure 2: Let HP recommend (notebook computers)
    Let HP recommend drivers and software for notebook computers
    If you have a desktop computer , or if you have a notebook computer and want to install only selected updates, select the operating system (such as Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)) that is being used on your computer, and then click Next .
    Figure 3: Select your operating system
    Select your operating system
    The Web page lists the available software and driver categories.
    NOTE:If the operating system that you need is not listed, software and driver downloads are not available from HP at this time. You can check the manufacturer's Web site for software and drivers.
  3. Click the plus (+) sign next to a category or double-click the category name to open it.
    Figure 4: Select a download
    Select a download
    IMPORTANT: If you see more than one download available for a component (such as several DVD firmware updates), you need to identify which component is installed in your computer and download the appropriate file. To find the name of a component, go to Device Managerand click the plus sign (+ ) next to the category (for example, DVD/CD ROM drives ). The component’s original manufacturer name is listed within the category. Use this information to identify the download needed for your product.
    NOTE:If a specific software or driver update is not listed on the Web page, the original software that is already on the computer might be the latest version available.
  4. Click More Details or click the title of the download to get more information about the download.
    Figure 5: More Details
    Click the title of the download or click More Details
  5. Review the information in the Overview and System Requirements tabs, read the download instructions in the How to Install tab, then clickDownload .
    Figure 6: Download options and information
    Download options and information
  6. Depending on your browser, use one of the following methods to download and install:

7. In Internet Explorer, a Security Warning displays asking if you want to run or save the file. If you select Run , it will automatically download and start the installation. If you select Save , it will download the file to your computer and you can open the file at a later time. It is important to remember where you save the file so that you can open it later.
  8. In Mozilla Firefox, click Save File . The file downloads and a Downloads window opens. When the download is complete, double-click the file in the Downloads window.
  9. Follow the instructions to install the software or driver.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I also having problem with wireless and bluetooth  driver

My hardware ID is:

please give me  alink to download the compatible drivers to download.

Thanks in advance...

Laptop model:  HP pavilion g4

Product number is: D4X79PC#ACJ

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_3564103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_3564103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is not the wireless card that you posted the hardware ID's for.

That is the wired network adapter.

The driver you need for the wired network adapter is this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-100079-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Please post the hardware ID for the Network Controller listed in the Device Manager under the Other Devices section.

HP Recommended
Hai
Please help me to find othet devices section in device manager???
And also how to find wireless hardware id???
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please use the guide at the link below for finding a hardware ID.

Go to the device manager and click on any device needing drivers.

They are usually listed under the Other Devices category with little ! marks.

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

HP Recommended
My laptop hp635 hard drive got crashed and I replaced it with a new one but can't locate drivers for the preinstalled devices like bluetooth, webcam and so on. Please guide me urgently
HP Recommended

Hello D-BASIS, welcome to the HP Forums.

Take a look at this page: Drivers, Software & Firmware for HP 635 Notebook PC.
It may have all the drivers you're looking for, for your Notebook.

If it does not or you need further assistance, you may want to try posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can click here for a direct link.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.