Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please note that I have tried the "normal" or standard procedure used for resetting my BIOS password and as I noticed in many other posts, this computer (G62 Notebook) maintains its BIOS data even upon removing the coin battery.  I have also tried shorting out leads that appear to be linked to the battery to remove any capacitance and that did not help either.

If someone has successfully cleared the password for this computer model or is an employee of HP having the knowledge or wisdom of how to do this, please let me know.  My computer is beyond its one year support date and thus a fee will be assessed should I call Tech Support and therefore would be overly grateful for any assistance. 

Thanks - Glenn

PS:
Seems to me this should be attainable knowledge for the owner of the PC. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome Pi-Boss. Try.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

View solution in original post

160 REPLIES 160
HP Recommended

What code do you get after 3 failed attempts???

Let us know.

HP Recommended

hp G62 bios password needed please

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I didn't get a notification of your response.  The code I'm being given after three fails is:

and it is my computer, seriously.  I have moved and the paper with the password remained behind.  As well, I'm stuck with booting from only the hard drive and cannot reinstall the original OS.  I'd be VERY grateful if you could help.

Thanks and Happy New Year  (12/31/2012);

Glenn 

HP Recommended

To REO:

This message IS out of context and I apologize to all for posting such here.

Hi REO, I apologize for using this forum to contact you but couldn’t find any other means.  I had asked the following question a while back and had missed the fact that you replied with the following question:

Re: How can I reset my BIOS password on my hp G62 notebook?

Options

‎11-15-2011 09:29 AM

What code do you get after 3 failed attempts???

Let us know.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
AKA:CrashConnors (MW3)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s the link to that thread:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/How-can-I-reset-my-BIOS-password-on-my-hp-G...

Upon seeing that you asked for the “3 fail code” (and was overly thrilled) I recently posted the code and am PRAYING WITH UTMOST DESPERATION that you may still be able to help me.  I recently posted my code in that thread but hadn’t heard from you and HP is asking for $150 and over a week with my computer to recover it, thus I am providing the code with all hopes that you are still able to help in such recovery:   CODE:  81850857

Thanks for reading and should you have any ability to help, please email me at:    [Personal Information Removed] or post in the provided thread link.

Very Sincerely;

Glenn

HP Recommended

Welcome Pi-Boss. Try.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

REO;

I'm posatively dumbfounded!  It worked perfectly.  I'm both dumbfounded by the fact that you helped me solve a two year long problem as well as that HP could have simply asked particular ownership verification questions yet insisted on charging me as well as putting me through some very traumatic phone calls and headaches!

Wow!  I thank you so sincerely and seriously!  If there's something, a favor,  in the programming realm I can provide you, let me know.  Further, if you have a "cause" by which I can donate funds, I'll drop you/it $50, just let me know.  Again, thank you and God bless!

piBoss

HP Recommended

Pi-Boss.

I am humbled by your words.

Please don’t blame HP they have Policies and Procedures they must follow.

What I do on this forum I do to just help people.

But everyone should help their local Animal Welfare Society .:smileywink:

Thank you very much.

REO

HP Recommended

Welcome and sorry Sandra that I missed your post.

Please try.

Again sorry for missing you.

REO

HP Recommended

...and specifically;

St Augustine Humane Society

1665 Old Moultrie Road
St Augustine, FL 32084 US

has been.  Thanks again REO, and Kudos to your values!

pi-Boss

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.