cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Fuddly Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I correct defective warranty repair?

I purchased a new Spectre X360 and the 3 year accidental damage warranty.  It claims 3 day turn-around in-home repair.  I tried to use the warranty for a cracked screen and I am told there is a 2 month delay for the part to be sent to me.

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Provost Provost
Provost
41,668 40,104 6,278 10,916
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We can only offer sympathy. This Forum has no access to warranty decision making. 

0 Kudos
Fuddly Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I am fully cognizant of the capabilities of this forum in completing hardware repairs.  I am hopeful (to a fault) that someone reading this forum has another phone number (other than the one that gets me to India) where I can get better information about the delivery delay and how to overcome the shortcomings of the program.  Please take no offence to this reply, I sincerely appreciate your input. I have found no other avenue to redress the problem other than this forum.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,668 40,104 6,278 10,916
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP is making every effort to "cut the cord" and go to an entirely web-based customer service model so phone numbers are getting harder to find. And it is not entirely PC to complain about the nationality of the call center workers you can get hold of. I am sure they are doing their best. There is a path to the Executive Team but I suspect you may have already tried that. 

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

I will bump this up to the moderators of this Forum and sometimes they will come in and offer help. 

Good luck. 

Fuddly Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again, thank you for your help.

I am not PC nor am I racist. Please do not misinterpret my comments. The folks in India were very helpful, but by their own admission, they could not do anything further to assist. Please check with the 6 individuals I spoke to, including the supervisor who called me back, I was nothing but polite to everyone who tried to help. I am not seeking anyone to blame, I only want my computer fixed in a timely manner.  Thank you for the link in your post. I must admit to not having sent the CEO a direct plea, but that will be my next attempt at a resolution.  

Again, thank you for your help, it is extremely appreciated.

0 Kudos
18,705 14,031 293 1,097
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Fuddly

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Fuddly Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your time and efforts on my behalf.  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation