cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
unslog
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I enable AHCI on Compaq CQ60 100EM ?

CQ60 100EM
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello, I need to change SATA mode to AHCI in bios as I have installed a SSD drive. The original hard drive failed hence why I installed a SSD drive. 

When I run the SSD health utility, it is advising the SATA mode is currently set to IDE, and needs to be changed to AHCI.

Please can you advise how I unlock bios or how I change the SATA mode to AHCI from IDE on this model?

FYG, i have check the BIOS and there are limited features available.. Most other vendors allow this option to be changed, don't understand why it isn't available .

I look forward to your prompt reply and appropriate solution to resolve this matter.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I enable AHCI on Compaq CQ60 100EM ?

Hi @unslog,

Thank you for your query.  I will do my best to help.

I understand that you would like to change the SATA mode to ACHI as you have installed a SSD. Here is a link to HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - About SATA Hard Drives and Controller Modes. Please review the section "Setting the controller mode in the BIOS".  Please let me know the outcome. 

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation