Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (122 Views)

How do I fix a an internal Primary battery problem on my laptop windows 10 .

Product Name: HP 2000-420ca Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get an internal primary battery message when I start up my laptop.   The charger is plugged in at the time.   If I unplug the charger I lose power within minutes.  If I leave it plugged into a charger I have no problem.     If anyone can give me the solution to this problem it would be most appreciated.   Thanks so much...Maggie

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)

Re: How do I fix a an internal Primary battery problem on my laptop windows 10 .

Hi,

The error message you receive at boot and the description of the issue both confirm that your notebooks main Lithium Ion battery needs to be replaced ( not the cell on the system board as the message tends to indicate ). 

The Primary (internal) Battery (601) error indicates that the storage capacity of the main battery has fallen below 25% of its original capacity.

Further information on this can be found in the following HP Document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation