cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
DanK41127 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I get a recovery disk after HP stops supporting my laptop

Pavilion dv7-4285dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was in the process of doing a windows update when my son powered down my computer.  Now the start up process does not complete.  I'm thinking I may be able to recover if I had recovery software.  I contacted Microsoft and was told I need to get it from HP.  HP's online support sugests that they no longer suppot my computer.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
21888 21707 1858 6914
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I get a recovery disk after HP stops supporting my laptop

@DanK41127

This company specializes in Recovery kits for vintage HP systems.

Your system (Product Number: XZ029UA):

Windows 7 64B Recovery Kit 639801-001 For HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC Model Number dv7-428...

There is a contact phone number posted at the website so you can call with any questions.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation