cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Brenton1
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How do I get back windows 8.1 with bing

HP Recommended
HP Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Spoiler

My HP Stream 11 crashed, it used windows 8.1 with bing so I as looking all over the web to find it but I couldnt so I had to use the normal windows 8.1 iso that was available on Microsoft which didnt work with my product key that I had because it only works with windos 8.1 with bing so im stuck with using a generic key for the normal version of windows (key that alows you to boot windows but not all settings are available)  and I want to upgrade to windows 10 but the only way I can upgrade is if I activate windows which my product key does not work with the normal version of windows 8.1 and only with the version with bing which from what I hear is only available to manufacturers PLEASE HELP.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,356 122,533 20,146 30,899
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have to order a set of recovery media from HP for your specific HP Stream product number.

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

Enter the product number in the box at the link below and you should be directed to the support and driver page for your specific model.

Select the W8.1 operating system from the drivers section, and the last item on the list should be a link to order recovery media.

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation