Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,159 Views)

How do I get my fingerPrint reader to work again? PC does not detect it.

I unintalled the program DigitalPersonna and downloaded and installed HP SimplePass Identity Proctection.  I cannot register my finger prints because my FingerPrint reader is not detected.  What else can I do? I appreciate any assistance/recommendations. Thank you.

Ernie.....................

0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 5 (1,142 Views)

Re: How do I get my fingerPrint reader to work again? PC does not detect it.

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,131 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I was able to download and install HP SimplePass with no problem.  But the other one (Validity Sensor), Will not install on my computer. I downloaded it, but it will not install.  It does not give me an error message.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  I check the programs install but it does not appear there.  Do you have any further suggestions?  Thank you.

Ernie..............

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (713 Views)

simplepass was installed when i got my computer,but since it has stopped working. It stopped working because of an unknown reason.any ideas how i can get this to work again.          

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (654 Views)

I asked this question a few months ago and still havent had a responce.Can anyone tell me how to fix this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation