Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (5,470 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I install finger print software?

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Pavilion DV8t 1000 Entertainment Notebook PC running Win 7 64. I replaced my hard drive with an ssd drive. I have recovered all software that I needed except for the fingerprint reader software that came installed with my notebook. How do I get back that software with out having to buy it from I think it was from Digital Persona? Appreciate a timely response. Thanks George

Accepted Solution

Re: finger print software

Hi George,

See if the installer for Digital Persona on the link below will work.

Digital Persona - dv8t

Regards,

DP-K

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (5,443 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi George,

In case you haven't already installed the Validity Sensor driver, it's on the link below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45020.exe

If you did need to install the above driver, restart the notebook after installation.

Next, download the following file.  This is for HP SimplePass and will work in much the same way as Digital Persona, except that SimplePass is compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 ( not Firefox 5 ) whereas Digital Persona is not.

http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/bioexcess/HPSimPlePass7.0.74.0.zip

This is a zipped file.  If you don't have an extraction utility installed, download and install 7-Zip which can be used to open this so that you can run the installer.  Again, when the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (5,435 Views)

Hi DP-K: Thanks for your prompt reply: I followed your instructions exactly to install driver, restart, install 7-zip, install simple pass. After restart and launch of simple pass, i get message that states: "Program operation error. "f problem persists, re-install software", Tried that with same error message, Uninstalled simple pass, launched unzipped exe file and re-installed simple pass. Re-started PC, launched program and got same error message. Any ideas on what to do next. thanks. George

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (5,433 Views)

Hi George,

See if the installer for Digital Persona on the link below will work.

Digital Persona - dv8t

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (4,721 Views)

Hi DP-K:

Thanks for the solution. Worked fine. However in the last few days, finger print software no longer works at log in. Re-installed the software but now when I try to re-enroll fingerprints by clicking on a finger, I get enrollment cancelled and finger print reader not connected. How do I resolve this? Appreciate your ideas. Thanks George

Student
Message 6 of 7 (4,318 Views)

Re: How do I install finger print software?

I have hp pavillion dv6 and the digital persona stopped and when i try to save again the finger print the message is connect the reader but i dont know how to do it ,thanks.

Student
Message 7 of 7 (2,122 Views)

Re: How do I install finger print software?

[ Edited ]

hi i problem drive finger scan  ples send pogram to me  [Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation