cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

How do I remove startup password thats the same as my Windows login password.

HP Recommended

I'd like to know how to remove this irrtating HP startup password that is always popping up on my Elitebook with ProtectTools.

I just want it all gone, it's soo annoying, I wish I never installed ProtectTools.

I tried removing it, but that startup password is still THERE, and when I go to bios, I tried resetting the settings, and now the option to boot from USB is disabled. I'm not logged into bios as guest, but as the user I guess with my windows password some how, even though I already uninstalled all that crap.

I just want to remove my bios startup password, wipe the system and install windows 7 again.

At this point, I booted up, typed in the boot password, then windows password, now logged in, I reinstalled ProtectTools, and I'm trying to remove it from there, its all so frustrating as I have lots of work todo and can't until this is resolved.

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP me enable usb boot and removal of startup password. Thank you.

PS. I also unisntalled hp digitalpass, embedded security for hp, privacy manager, validilty fingerprint, drive encryption, and hp 3d guard. I cant figure this out and I'm in a big hurry to get a project done for work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, I was able to remove the preboot password.

Now when I go into bios to enable USB bootup, its still greyed out.

HOW DO I RESET EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH without anyone of this crap.

Sorry, I'm just panicking cause I have lots of work todo and I cant stand the fact that I went ahead and installed this stupid protecttool crap that is ruining my life today when I'm on a dead line for work.

I also removed antitheft etc...

should i reinstall all that, just so i can uninstall it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay I figured it out with tech support by phone, had to login as guest in bios, not as user, and reset to factory defaults, press f1 a couple times to remove biometrics, etc... and got my usb working on for boot options

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a client PC which has been hijacked by a remote support organization that he wanted to cancel support.  They have placed a startup password on the desktop to prevent user access.  How can I remove??

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation