cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Geoaddict
Level 1
7 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How do I set up Intel Smart Response on my hybrid drive

HP Recommended

I own a HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC. I have a 1TB hard drive with a 32 GB SSD used for caching and accelerating using Intel's Smart Response Technology and Rapid Storage Technology console. I had to send in my computer for warranty service that included replacing the hard drive. I appears that the SSD may not have been configured.  Below I have screenshots of the screen that now shows after the POST (that didn't appear before I sent it in for service) and the Intel RST console.

I'm just trying to get it back to its original settings, where it uses Intel's Smart Response Technology to improve performance.  How should I configure the SSD given what shows in the screenshots below?

(You might have to right-click on the image and open it in a new tab to see it full size.)

Since it has come back I get the following screen after the POST.  I am limited to options 3 (resetting to a non-RAID disk) and 6 (exit):

After POST Screenshot

Intel Rapid Storage Technology console:

Console 1

Console 2

Console 3

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,285 44,062 7,076 12,517
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happens when you try to click on any of the options in the "accelerate" tab?

0 Kudos
Geoaddict
Author
Level 1
7 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is fixed now. To fix it I did a complete backup of my files and settings, then, in the Accelerate window I clicked on Disassociate. I also reset to SSD to available. After rebooting a couple of times, all appears to be normal.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation