Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I literally tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem- installed, uninstalled, spent hours on the phone, restored my system and nothing worked! Finally I tried removing the bezel (I have a hp 2000 notebook). I slid my fingernail across the top and it came undone easily. there was a white connector that had come undone (mine had a thin strip of black electrical tape over it) and i snapped it back into place and it was fixed!!

HP Recommended

It is the little white connector.... I found it still disconnects easily every few days I have to take the cover around my screen of and slide it into place... im not sure if I could put super glue or if that would ruin it so I have just continued to fix it constantly.

HP Recommended

Looks like the same problem for me as everyone else here. I use my webcam almost every day for Skype/Gchat and it has suddenly disappeared from my devices. Is there a common solution you can publish on your website as it seems thousands of people are all having the same problem?

Product: Pavilion dv6

Product number: A2T47EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Hello all

HP Envy23 all in one. windows 8.1

Youcam ver=3.5.4.5822 de

Using Skype works fine.

Youcam not working same issue as others stated. Please advice.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

HEY EVERYONE REALLY NEEDS TO READ THIS... OTHER PEOPLE WEREN'T LYING. THERE IS MORE THAN LIKELY A LOOSE CONNECTION IN YOUR CAM... I USED MY FINGERNAIL AND A SMALL SCREW DRIVER ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SCREEN (PLASTIC PART) SLID IT ALL THE WAY ALONG TO TOP (WHILE UNLOCKING LITTLE PLASTIC SNAP LOCKS)

***NOTE BE VERY CAREFUL THE PLASTIC IS SUPER THIN

THEN I SAW THE MAGICAL WHITE CONNECTOR. (ITS THE SIZE OF A CHILDS PINKY NAIL) RIGHT NEW TO THE CAMERA.

I PUSHED IT UP AND BAM!! (CPU BEEP LIKE A DEVICE CONNECTING) CAM ONLINE AND READY TO GO!!

IT TOOK ABOUT 1 1/2 MINS.

JUST BE CAREFUL THAT PLASTIC IS THIN

ALSO SOME CPUS ARE DIFF AND REQUIRE SCREWS BUT THE DV7000 AND A FEW OTHERS DONT.

HP Recommended

Can Not turn on my Web Cam, not working

HP Recommended

Accept as Solution

Specifically, the instructions mentioned under section "Webcam is not listed in Device Manager (Windows 7)"

HP Recommended

I can turn on my integrated camera

HP Recommended

This concerns windows 8.1

HP Recommended

how do i turn on my youcam on my lap top. it is an   compaq = presorio cq57. i can't find anywere to turn it on....ty.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.