cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 81 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I turn on my internal webcam?!

OK, it seems like you might be having a software issue with the webcam. 

First, I'm going to link a document here for you to follow. There are two sections you will need to follow in this document, which will be “Video does not appear in your webcam software (such as YouCam, Skype, Messenger, etc.)" and “Reinstalling the original webcam program that came with your computer". The first sections will show you what to do if you run into an issue where the webcam doesn’t work in certain programs. In your case it would be YouCam. The second sections will be the most important section on this document. If the first step doesn't work the second step will show you how to recovery the webcam drivers and software. 

It should look something like this: 

Capture.PNG

The circled sections are the steps you will be taking. 

I would follow both steps and make sure and follow up with me. If you have any more questions let me know.

THX

matimtim_10 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 82 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I can't find my webcam in my laptop.where do I tUrn it on?thank you.

Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 83 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@matimtim_10, 

You can't find it? What happens when you use YouCam the software? Does it give you any type of error message? 

Could you please give a little bit more information about the issue you're having? I'm not following the issue you're having. 

There are multiple places you can't find the webcam. Can you see it in the device manager? Does any YouCam recognize the webcam?

I look forward to your response. 

THX

0 Kudos
jazzminford Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 84 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I made a Skype and as i was makin it, it said to click on a button to find the camera and it couldnt find it but when i plug in my logitech cam through the USB plug i can only see myself through my logitech cam. I dont knw that much about computers so please help me.      Serial # - {Removed for privacy}             Product # - LJ469UA            Model # - RTL8188CE

Highlighted
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 85 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@jazzminford, I see that you're having an issue trying to use the webcam in SKYPE. This seems like a software issue with the webcam. I would suggest following this document

Then go down to the section “Video does not appear in your webcam software (such as YouCam, Skype, Messenger, etc.)" These sections will show you how to update the drivers through the device manager and also test the webcam out in SKYPE. 

Now, if this step doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I need to you to go down to the section that says “Reinstalling the original webcam program that came with your computer". This section will guide you through recovery the program and drivers. 

Once you have finished both steps please let me know the outcome. If you have any more questions please ask. 

THX

joe2165 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 86 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THANKS I GOT IT

Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 87 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Joe, did those steps work for you? 

Ngm Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 2
Message 88 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello. I did the steps and it still tells me that it's not turned on. please help.

Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 89 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Ngm, please check the device manager and let me know if you can see the webcam listed in there. 

THX

CrushTheRealMan Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 3
Message 90 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Under device manager My webcam doesn't show up. HP Pavilion g6 Product #: A6Z72UAR#ABA

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation