cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rebeccamuncy Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 121 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I turn on my internal webcam?!

HP Pavilion dv4 

Product name: NU985UA

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,522 3,390 129 674
Message 122 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @rebeccamuncy,

Thank you for providing your computer information.

If you use Skype, yahoo messenger, or MSN messenger those programs have the ability to let you use your webcam. Just simply open up a program that uses a webcam.

There also should be a program called HP Mediasmart that should let you use your webcam. If that is not installed you can install it from here.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos
Tex9311 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 123 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

can somebody please tell me how to turn on my web cam on my pc

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,522 3,390 129 674
Message 124 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Tex9311,

Your webcam should automatically activate once you open a program that utilizes the webcam. Try testing your webcam using this site.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos
wonneil Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 125 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have just had a work colleague bring in her laptop as she had exactly the same problem as most people on here, her webcam would not activate even when using the YouCam software.

I followed the advice in this link...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02452221

In her case it was the webcam that was not visible in Device Manager (Imaging Device) and we had to reset the laptop by taking the battery out and then holding in the power button for ten seconds before putting the battery back in and restarting the laptop, then suddenly the webcam was back in Device Manager and is now working as before.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
babs58 Tutor
Tutor
25 13 0 0
Message 126 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Product# LM414AV

0 Kudos
Mobleyd Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 127 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please help

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,522 3,390 129 674
Message 128 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @Mobleyd,

I take it you also have issues with your webcam, is that correct? I will try to help you.

Can you please provide the model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
steffie Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 129 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, I tried doing this and it did not show up. However when I go into my device manager my camera does show up. I also was wondering how do I go and make my camera work on online sights such as webcamtoy.com? Because it only works with devices that I download into the computer, which is honestly a hassle to work with.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,538 3,298 152 319
Message 130 of 133
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi steffie,

I would like to help you with your webcam issue. Could you please tell me the Model Number of your computer and the operating system you are running on it.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation