cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sandovalnatalie
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do i unlock my laptop hp windows if i forgot the password without using a new disk

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Forgoten password for go laptop how to reset without using sun or new disk
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do i unlock my laptop hp windows if i forgot the password without using a new disk

Hi there @sandovalnatalie, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that you forgot the password to log into your Notebook.

There is a document called How to Recover Your Forgotten Password. Although it says for Windows 8, it should work for Windows 10 also. Some of the information I am about to give you will seem reiterated. However, in this document you will see that it says, "CAUTION: If you are using a local user account HP cannot recover or reset your password if it is lost or forgotten.

If you prefer to use a local user account, HP strongly recommends creating a password reset disk to enable you to reset your password in case it is forgotten. If you do not have a password reset disk and you forget your password, you may be directed to perform a full recovery to original factory conditions and will lose any data that was not backed up to an external location."

There is a document from Microsoft that I found also called When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

Hopefully one of these two documents helps resolve the issue. Let others know if this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation