Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lost my hard drive

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Up date your Bios to the current version.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

or:

It could be dead; hear any clicking noises or grinding?

HP Recommended

Enter BIOS setup by tapping /holding F10 key immediately after powering on the laptop. Use Diagnostics to test hdd, or see if one is even recognized. The hdd may have died, not uncommon especially in laptops.Easy & relatively inexpensive to replace if needed.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my laptop where I thought the HDD was bad so I went and purchased both a new HDD and cable and it still says the same thing. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

HP Recommended
I am having the same problem. I installed a new hd ran the recovery disks. And it is giving me the same message. I downloaded the bios update. But I can't run it unless I am in windows. Please help what do I do.
HP Recommended

Hello Bael71

I am sorry to hear you are having issue recovering your computer. It sounds like you do not have the CD ROM as a boot device in the BIOS. To add the CD ROM to the boot order you can reference the HP Support document Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS here.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Gimana ya cara perbaiki notebook hp pavilion saya error ! Ada tulisan boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk (3fo)
HP Recommended

how to clear 03f0 error log

HP Recommended

@karunathilake

Usually the hard drive needs to be replaced.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I also had this issue with my hp.. i tried changeing both the cord and the HDD but the problem persisted so i went ahead to remove the bios battry and presto it seamed to work good luck with yours friend

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.