Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
spectre x360 gen1
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi Hp community

I have a HP Spectre x360 that i recived for a school vendor agreement, i got it a year ago and it has all these things wrong with it and i was just wondering how much it would cost to fix it so it looks like new

List of things broken or wrong

1) cracked screen dont know how it happened left some pens and books on it one night, woke up and it was cracked corner to corner

2) Missing rubber bumper for the screen pretty sure i inserted an sd card and it came out

3) Missing rubber bumper from the bottom dont know were it went, continues to scrap the bottom and scratch when moved

4) Hinges are loose, screen wobbles horribly, this came from general use pretty sad about it

5) Dent in the thin alu on the bottom, dont know how this happened

6) Broken Jack the headphone jack when listening to music or video randomly gives tons of scratchy sound like static and i dont know if this hardware or software issue

7) Damage to the screen and body ends, the edge ends have mushroomed due to being slightly droped on a hard surface

Im pretty sad that all this has happened in the first year of use im very curious how muh it will cost to fix. I cant undestand why HP wouldnt just spend a little extra on making the build quality better especially when it meant to be a direct competitor to apple mac book pro.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to talk with a repairer to get a quote. But I think with those parts and labor, they would cost around 65% to 75% of the original price.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Quite a lot of things to repair you report. You should consult with a service center for the price and you should decide yourself if it is worthy.

Find authorized HP service providers > http://www8.hp.com/us/en/store-finder/find.do?bs=SR4&type=authorized

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.