cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sevip Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to change OS on G72-b10SV (Windows10 to Linux mint)

HP Notebook G72-b10SV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,after a factory reset that i did on my laptop everything kept going wrong,i kind of destroyed the factory reset copy/windows 7 copy and now i have windows 10.

Now,windows 10,my pc shuts downs on its own(there is no malware) i keep getting this messaging followed with a black screen "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered".The same was and after the factory reset.Also when i set my laptop to maximum performance it will get stack on a flashing srcreen while booting giving me an error.So i decided to change to another OS.

Summing up,i came here hoping for your help with how to change from windows 10 to linux on my laptop model and if you also could make some suggestions about the following problems that have occured,thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
229 228 19 38
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to change OS on G72-b10SV (Windows10 to Linux mint)

Hello @Sevip,

Welcome to the Support Forum Community!

I came across your post about wanting to change your G72-b10SV Notebook to Linux instead of Windows and wanted to reach out to you.

I was able to locate this Frequently Asked Questions About Linux document which provides information about Linux, location of drivers and how to get more information on the OS.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation