Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tpdavd Tutor
Tutor
24 14 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to factory reset laptop?

Pavilion dv6-2173cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I tried to do a factory reset but it gave me two options: 1: Use a system imagw you created earlier.... 2: reinstall windows (requores windows installation disc) i would like to go for option 2, but i never got an installation disc. What do i do?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
44500 44236 3317 13898
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How are you arriving at those 2 options? Are you using Recovery Manager?

Creating Recovery Media >> Windows 7

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
tpdavd Tutor
Tutor
24 14 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I go to control panel - system and security - backup and restore - recover system settings on your computer - advanced recovery settings - there are the 2 options
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44500 44236 3317 13898
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is not the location to do a System Recovery. Fastest way is to start tapping F11 key immediately after powering on machine. You might look through the links I posted above to familiarize yourself with Factory reset - and creating Recovery Media.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation