Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 4050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just moved and am trying to setup IP printing from Hp LaserJet4050. New router allows me to setup a static IP for the printer, which is set to 192.168.0.100; Gateway is correct.  But the router wants the MAC address of the printer so that it can setup the static IP for this device. 

I printedout the config page and EIO 2 JetDirect page; but dont know what is the MAC address? the page has a field called "LAN HW ADDRESS" which i assume it the MAC. but this isnt working for me.  is there another place to find this?

Or is there another way to set this up on the router using other info from HP printer?

Saverio

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SavNan wrote:

Just moved and am trying to setup IP printing from Hp LaserJet4050. New router allows me to setup a static IP for the printer, which is set to 192.168.0.100; Gateway is correct.  But the router wants the MAC address of the printer so that it can setup the static IP for this device. 

I printedout the config page and EIO 2 JetDirect page; but dont know what is the MAC address? the page has a field called "LAN HW ADDRESS" which i assume it the MAC. but this isnt working for me.  is there another place to find this?

Or is there another way to set this up on the router using other info from HP printer?

Saverio

Hi,

I would probably connect the printer the old fashion way over DHCP and then assign the IP as static to make sure that there won't be any issues with it.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended
My question is "how do I find the MAC address of my HP4050? Is it on the config page"
HP Recommended

@SavNan wrote:
My question is "how do I find the MAC address of my HP4050? Is it on the config page"

If the MAC is not on the config page then you have to somehow connect the printer to a computer to get this information.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

To avoid the issue of duplicate IP being assigned by DHCP I set the HP 4050 IP as 192.168.0.254, then connected 

and was able to print. But I still cant see the MAC address. Is there a way to find the MAC address of this printer? 

HP Recommended

Found the solution, sorry I havent posted it earlier.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-find-a-printers-mac-address

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.