Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
K1C59PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Unfortunately my windows 7 ultimate product key got changed when I tried to install an application. Now my windows is not genuine. I want to get back my original windows product key and want to upgrade to windows 10. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You cannot expract the product key (not recomended), hence run System Recovery which will get the computer to factory OS and then upgrade to Win 10.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

The product key is printed on the COA sticker which is probably inside the battery compartment of the notebook.

You can use that to reactivate Win7.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Recovery Manager is present in my computer. What should I do now? 

HP Recommended

First, you should see if the product key is printed on a sticker inside the battery compartment.  If so, write it down.

Second, if you hold down F11 while rebooting the laptop, it should start the HP Recovery Manager, which will allow you to Reset your PC.

But understand, doing that could erase the contents of the hard drive, removing all your personal data and applications.

HP Recommended

I tried to reset the laptop by pressing F11 at boot time but it is not directing to the system recovery. 

At the back of the laptop (not inside) I found PCID, Product code, Serial on a sticker. Is PCID the procuct key?

I took backup of all the data.

HP Recommended

I don't think so ...

There should be a separate COA sticker from Microsoft showing the Windows product key.  That is the key you need to use.

HP Recommended

COA sticker is not there in the battery slot. Please suggest the nect to be done to retrieve the product key.

HP Recommended

Try using this utility to retrieve the OEM product key:  http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/2577-showkey.html

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Retrieved the product key but while activating it is throwing an error 0xC004E003.

If I submit the serial number, Can I get the product key from HP?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.