Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream Notebook 11-r000na
Hi,
Is there anyone that can help this un technical person please?

I have a HP Stream notebook 11-r000na (energy star) not sure what window system it's on..possibly windows 10.I had resetted it to factory settings erasing all my files etc to pass on to a friend having bought a HP computer last week.

However I need to get it back up and running so I assume need to get it into recovery.I don't have any recovery media to reboot nor for some reason I can't download the recovery software on my phone or new computer.I have turned off,pressed F11 and get the options screen up but don't actually get the recovery manager option on the screen.

I have tried for 3 days on and off to resolve this and even looked for a technical support number as was willing to resolve this step by step over the phone.

If there is anyone that can help me I would really appreciate it as I'm losing patience.Apologies for the long message and thanks to all that respond in advance
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Samboo78

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I see you're running Win10. Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?

This is important as the recovery/reset method is different for the two situations.

We can proceed when you provide the answers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Hi,

Thanks for your message
The problem is with the notebook and came with Windows ? Can't confirm which windows.( I did not upgrade)My desktop computer also came with windows 10

HP Recommended

OK, since it came with Win10 preloaded, then pressing F11 should allow you to do a reset.  Since that is not happening, then the only recourse at this point is to do a restore using HP Recovery Media.

You should be able to order that media from this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Good Luck

HP Recommended
Hi,

Thanks..I can't even get the menu up after pressing F11 though this has worked in the past.I could be wrong in thinking it was pre loaded with windows 10? When I bought it last May what windows would it be installed with?

Regarding ordering the media..I am in the U.K. And can't seem to see about ordering except in Canada or United states
HP Recommended

If it was purchased new in May 2016, it would have had Windows 10 installed on it. 

If you cannot purchase the recovery media from HP, you could do a fresh installation of Windows 10, instructions are here.

HP Recommended

@Samboo78

Although it's likely that a PC sold in May 2016 came with Win10, there are places that were still selling Win8 PCs back then.

Since  HP will not provide Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you should check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Good Luck

HP Recommended
Hi,

I am in the U.K.,No matter what I try I just keep hitting a brick wall..going forwards and backwards onto different pages.I'm tempted to just send it into a repair shop.I ordered a recovery disc from EBay but then remembered my notebook doesn't have a disc drive.Is there a technical contact number I can call so I can speak to someone? Thanks in advance
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.