Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 14 (64,581 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to get rid of this hp welcome screen popup ?

Product Name: Pavillion Ab219tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

please help me out how to disable this hp pop up coming in every 2 minutes. i am using windows 10. 

ho.jpg

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: How to get rid of this hp welcome screen popup ?

Hello @manas_agg,

Thank you for the quick reply!

In Control Panel, the name of the program should be HP Welcome.  You can also review the following post by community member JosSta.  It seems like he was able to find a solution as well.  Try either or both solutions, and let me know how it goes:

Re: HP pavilion 15-ab219tx Welcome to your new HP screen keeps popping up

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 14 (64,547 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello @manas_agg,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the welcome message issue, and wanted to assist you!

Try pressing Ctrl+Shift+Escape, and disable it on the Startup tab.  If you are still having trouble, then try performing a System Restore to put set the notebook back to its previous working state.  Please post back with the results.

Source: HP Welcome screen keeps popping up every 20 - 30 minutes

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 14 (64,540 Views)

i tried what u've said but the problem still exists. help me out with the exact solution.

Retired
Message 4 of 14 (64,533 Views)

Hello @manas_agg,

You can try the solution offered by community member KT72.  He was able to go into the Control Panel, and uninstall the program at that point.

Source: hp message popping up after a interval

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Top Student
Message 5 of 14 (64,529 Views)

In control panel which programme we have to uninstall? Please elobrate the process.
Retired
Message 6 of 14 (64,494 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello @manas_agg,

In Control Panel, the name of the program should be HP Welcome.  You can also review the following post by community member JosSta.  It seems like he was able to find a solution as well.  Try either or both solutions, and let me know how it goes:

Re: HP pavilion 15-ab219tx Welcome to your new HP screen keeps popping up

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 7 of 14 (64,479 Views)

i've done according to that. and now its not coming. hope i dont face any other problem after renaming that file. well thanks for the info.

Honor Student
Message 8 of 14 (64,393 Views)

go to uninstaller. uninstall the hp welcome programe.

Tutor
Message 9 of 14 (64,276 Views)

You can unintall it by :

1. Click "Settings" from start menu -> tap "System" -> tap "Apps & features" -> scroll down the app list and tap "HP Welcome" -> click "Uninstall"

or

2. Type "Control Panel" in "Search Windows" bar -> tap "Control Panel" from "Best match" list ->tap "Programs" in Control Panel window -> tap "Programs and Features" -> select "HP Welcome" in the app list -> click "Uninstall/Change" in top tool bar -> tap "Yes" to start unintallation

Honor Student
Message 10 of 14 (59,025 Views)

I had stopped buying HP about 4 0r 5 computers ago. I decided to buy one again. This stupid pop-up makes me want to return this machine. I tried said solutions to no avail. HP Get it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation