Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 745 G2
Linux

Hi All,

Does anybody know how it would be possible to get the wifi working on HP Elitebook 745 G2 in Ubuntu? I tried it with the bcmwl-kernel-source package and after installing it, the wifi looks to be working, but does not detect any wireless network. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Roman

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

please show me output from commands

dmesg

lspci

iwconfig list

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for getting back just now, was out of office. So following are the requested outputs:

dmesg

rdinga@rdinga1:~$ dmesg | grep wl
[    0.000000] DMI: Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 745 G2/221C, BIOS M84 Ver. 01.07 03/10/2015
[   12.576861] wl: module license 'MIXED/Proprietary' taints kernel.
[   12.582854] wl: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel
[   12.784647] wlan0: Broadcom BCM43b1 802.11 Hybrid Wireless Controller 6.30.223.248 (r487574)
[   12.787260] wl 0000:02:00.0 wlo1: renamed from wlan0
[   18.533707] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlo1: link is not ready

lspci

rdinga@rdinga1:~$ lspci | grep -i broadcom
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

iwconfig

rdinga@rdinga1:~$ iwconfig
enp1s0f0  no wireless extensions.

wlo1      IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:off/any  
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off

lo        no wireless extensions.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Roman

HP Recommended

BUMP ? 🙂

HP Recommended

Posting to a Ubuntu forum to get your wifi help. I doubt HP elitebook has support for Linux or Ubuntu.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

I had the same issue and found the answer here:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=300746

Just follow this steps:

1. Edit as root this file: "/etc/default/grub"

- Find and modify GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="intremap=off"

- Save and exit

2. $sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

3. Reboot

Cheers,

Rafa

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried it, but without any luck. Unfortunately, since I was unable to solve the issue, I have changed the PC to another model and there are no issues with that one, so I don't have the 745 G2 anymore. Therefore I cannot test it further...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.