Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CadeyrnLlywelyn Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to get windows 7 from a windows 8 pc (Hp Envy laptop)?

HP Envy TS Sleekbook 4

I recently had to do a factory reset as my pc had slowed due to viruses and virus protection couldnt remove but i encountered a issue of having no sound on windows 10. I researched looked at how to fix i tried all steps tried enabling sound refreshing, restarting looking for new updates, restarted, made it default nothing worked in the end i chose to do a second factory restore to windows 8 what came with laptop intending to redownload windows 10 as last time i upgraded i noticed some things werent compatiable and im presuming it as the sound  as it was working before the factory reset. to find out windows 10 is no longer free! so now im stuck with windows 8 which i despise and cant work with if i cant use windows 10 anymore how can i get windows 7 on a windows 8 laptop? If not this laptop is useless to me.

2 REPLIES
Grad Student
Grad Student
216 20 57
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You'd need a windows 7 disc in order to install it, they can be purchased from a variety of sites, hitting up google to find some cheap deals for win7 discs would be the best bet
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13324 1252 2967
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CadeyrnLlywelyn

You should AVOID any "cheap deals" when shopping around for a Win7 disk.  Why? Because in many cases, those deals are STOLEN MSDN versions which, shortly after installation, because they are blacklisted, will automatically deactivate -- rendering your Win7 installation useless.

If you DO purchase it online, do so ONLY from trustworthy sources -- one of which is newegg.  But then, you can expect to pay around $100 USD for the copy, which is the going rate for a genuine version.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation