Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I want change custom logo start up at dos boot for hp pavilion g6 1001tx. I found a way to change this by use UEFI, but my bios interface is not UEFI.

Hown to install UEFI on my laptop ? 

I'm using windows 8 64bits

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is the link to download UEFI:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61282.exe

This package provides the HP UEFI Support Environment version 5.1.1.0 in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

UEFI and Custom Imaging

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI must be run from a FAT or FAT32 partition with a partition name of "HP_TOOLS" or "EFI".
This installer will give you the option to install to the HDD or a USB drive.
If you install to the HDD and the HP_TOOLS or EFI partition is not present, the installer will prompt you to create the partition.
If you install to a USB drive, the installer will rename the partition on the USB drive to HP_TOOLS.
If you use a custom image, you can create the HP_TOOLS partition manually with type FAT32 and make the partition name HP_TOOLS.

Caution
- The HP_TOOLS partition is not protected and can therefore be deleted.
- Backing up the computer using the Windows® Complete PC and other backup software does not back up the HP_TOOLS partition.

For these reasons, HP recommends that you do not place additional data on the HP_TOOLS or EFI partition. Because the partition is not backed up, corruption or failure of the partition will result in loss of all data on the partition, plus loss of UEFI functionality.

You can find more information on www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi Vidya

Thanks for your reply.

I've installed successful partition name HP_TOOL. ( installed on Hard disk of laptop)

But i don't know how to boot from HP_tool.

How to do this ??

HP Recommended

This link will help:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

Provides a description of the main diagnostic tests available in System Diagnostics, how and when to use them, and explains the purpose of the error log.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

hi

thanks for your reply.

Follow link i found my hardware like this

When i want to update UEFI, i cann't do it throug firmware managerment.

I'm also find this link to change my custom logo

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03394575.pdf

But when i press f10 there isn't line name custom logo in boot option.

my bios version is F.66 and insydeh20 rev 3.5.

I think my hardware doesn't support change custom logo. is this right ?

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with poor bios menu that shot no much options and there is no way to update the bios to uefi from it 

Pavilion G6 1001ee

intel bios

version F66

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.