cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
abbasyum Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to open case of G60 418CA HP notebook to clean fans

I want to open up the back of my laptop in order to thoroughly clean out the dust from the fans. I have very little knowledge of computers and so do not know which screws to take out, or leave in. How do I do this and am I at risk of losing any information or saved settings?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to open case of G60 418CA HP notebook to clean fans

Taking the laptop apart if its under warranty might void it. Try this article

If your not that tech savy, you dont need to take the whole thing apart. Just follow the link above. You might have a hard time replacing everything back in but not unless the hard drive was damaged, youre not going to loose your files. Just the functionality of the laptop.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation