Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Norm1970 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to properly configure the SSD drive for RAM boost in an ENVY 1195ca

ENVY 1195ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a laptop  (HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4-1195ca) which required a recovery effort to restore the OS.  Unfortunately the recovery failed and I had to purchase a copy of Windows 10 to get the laptop operational for my daughter going back to school.  I put the MS install of windows 10 on the machine and it operates fine but all of the HP tweaks are not present and the SSD drive is not configured  to help the processor like it was originally.

I have attempted to install as much of the software for the machine as I can but it still is not working right.

IS there any way I can configure the SSD drive from within the windows 10 install?

If I purchase the original factory WIn8 restore disc/USB, will it restore the original setup of the SSD?

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16654 16633 1203 1786
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Norm1970, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you need to know how to configure the SSD drive for RAM boost on your laptop.

As you mentioned that you purchased retail windows 10 operating system.

As per the specification of your laptop, it only supports till windows 8.1 operating system.

There no drivers available from HP for windows 10 for your laptop.

However, you can instal lIntel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for windows 10 using compatibility mode.

Check if that works if not then you have to contact Microsoft for drivers.

I'll watch for your reply!

Have a great day! :)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Norm1970 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have installed the service pack sp61769 which contained the Inel Rapid Start driver and aside from the software completing its installation and the service showing that it is running, how can I verify the SSD is performing like it should?

Is there a requirement for having the SSD formatted a certain way for the Intel software to notice the drive?  Should it have a partition on it?

I have tried setting up the SSD for use with the Microsoft ReadyBoost but it does not recognize the drive as viable for use with ReadyBoost.

Last option would be to set the whole drive as a pagefile for windows.

It would be helpful if there was some GUI to verify that the Rapid Start software was actually working and has configured the drive properly.

Please help.

Norm

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation