Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
loricci90 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to remove Bezel from keyboard

hp sleekbook 15 b125sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I need to replace my keyboard with a new one, I would like to re-use my bezel and put it on the new keyboard I just bought, how can I do it?

Thanks Lorenzo

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Manual has no instructions. HP only sells the whole top cover as a keyboard replacement. An experienced technician can look at it and figure out how to get the keyboard out. Can you perhaps post a good picture or series of pictures of the backside of the top cover and the replacement keyboard and we will see if we can figure it out. 

0 Kudos
loricci90 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

image.jpg

0 Kudos
loricci90 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know how to get out the keyboard but not the bezel

0 Kudos
loricci90 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No ideas?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not really understanding what you want to do. Are you trying to remove the top cover? I thought you just wanted to get the keyboard separated from the top cover but you say you have that figured out? 

0 Kudos
loricci90 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry maybe is for my bad english, I would like to know how to remove the top cover from the keyboard, and use it on the new one I just bought.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think we are on the same page. I tried to explain HP has no written instructions for that. If I could have a picture of the backside of the top cover we can maybe figure out how to get the old keyboard out of there and the new one in. HP does not sell the keyboard by itself; only as part of the top cover. 

0 Kudos
loricci90 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Immagine.jpgImmagine1.jpgImmagine2.jpg

is that good?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So do you have a keyboard (new) and a top cover with the keyboard still in it? This is a picture of a keyboard separated from the top cover already.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation