Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoyL Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to remove the "Enter Administrator password or power on password" from my computer

HP lAPTOP Prod# TOU74UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO FROM SUNNY SOUTH FLORIDA :catvery-happy:

I had let someone else go through the set up of my new laptop, like entering in passwords for this and that and my preferences, etc., etc....  However, she lost the Windows Login password and I couldn't even access my system at all - NOTHING.....

I realized that she had set it up as a simple "User Account" instead of asking me my MS Live Login Information to use as the Windows Login UN/PW. Anyway, she had LOST the password, so I couldn't get into squat......

My Brother had taken my computer to look at it but couldn't fix it however, when I got it back there was an additional log on blue screen.  I fixed the Windows Login problem by using my MS Live Account Info but now I have 2 sign on screens and the first one  that now comes up even before my Windows Login Screen shows up reads:

"Enter your Administrator Password or Power On Password For This Computer"

I am wanting to delete this page and get rid of this Log on altogether but cannot find the exact means to do so. I am pretty computer tech educated but this one has me stumped.  Any assistance in deleting this Log on Screen will be greatly appreciated.  He isn't sure how he did this so he can't help me remove it but I do know for sure that it's not needed for anything vital with my laptop.  Thanks bunches.  I JUST DON'T WANT IT THERE

Joy Dixon, RHIT

joyldixon@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
49213 9751 16606
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to remove the "Enter Administrator password or power on password" from my computer

Hi,

At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation